TracePro® Spring Training Courses 2019
Lambda Research Corporation is excited to invite you to one of our extensive training courses on our TracePro product.
We strongly recommend students take or have taken in the past, the Introduction two-day course before moving on to the more advanced class. Please contact us if you have any questions on these courses. A student taking all four days of training will leave with extensive knowledge of TracePro and its features and capabilities, and be ready to use that knowledge on a daily basis.
Please note that the Introduction to TracePro course should be considered a pre-requisite for the third and fourth days of training.
Introduction to TracePro
April 23 – 24th, 2019
• Ray tracing Overview and Principles
• Importing geometry and creating geometry in TracePro
• Applying properties
• Defining sources
• Ray tracing
• Analyzing the results
• Review of Day 1 and Questions
• Creating custom properties
• The Scheme macro language and macro recorder
• Importance Sampling
• Raytrace options and settings
• Additional analysis tools including ray tables and path sorting
• TracePro utilities
Optimization with TracePro
April 25 – 26th, 2019
• Principles of optimization
• Overview of the 2D and 3D optimizers in TracePro
• Creating geometry in the optimizers
• Defining variables
• Defining optimization goals and targets
• Optimization examples including lens, reflector, and light guide example
• Using the Scheme macro language in the TracePro optimizers
• Tolerancing and sensitivity analysis
• Optimizing the position and rotation of CAD imported objects in TracePro
• Selecting the best surface and material properties using the optimizer
• Additional examples
Classes will be held at the Lambda Research Corporation headquarters from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm each day. Directions will be provided on request. Tuition includes all materials, individual use of a computer, and lunch. Please notify your sales representative if you have any food allergies or require a vegan or vegetarian lunch. We will do our best to accommodate your request. Tuition must be paid in full prior to attendance.
ATTENDANCE IS LIMITED. PRE-REGISTRATION WITH PAYMENT MUST BE MADE AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE START OF THE COURSE. THE FEE IS REFUNDABLE UP TO THAT POINT (A FEE IS CHARGED FOR LATER CANCELLATIONS).
Lambda Research Corporation
Lodging is available at nearby hotels. Attendees are responsible for their own room arrangements and should make reservations directly with the hotel.
Courtyard Boston – 3.3 miles 102 Constitution Ave, Littleton, MA 01460
Westford Regency Inn – 7.5 miles 219 Littleton Rd, Westford, MA 01886
Hampton Inn & Suites – 7.7 miles 9 Nixon Rd, Westford, MA 01886
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common – 8.8 miles 59 Andrews Parkway, Devens, MA 01434
Pre-registration with payment must be made at least three weeks before the start of the course. The fee is refundable up to that point (a $600 fee is charged for later cancellations).