Manufacturers of Light Sources may make any or all of the following
Design Resources available from their websites:
- Ray Files in TracePro format
- Ray Files (Source Files) in luca-rayset format
- IES/LDT Files
- Data Sheet/Specification
- CAD Model
- TM 25 Files (coming)
Modeling Sources in TracePro
Standard angular plots for an LED shown in both polar and rectangular candela formats
TracePro has several capabilities to make use of the manufacturers’ data
to model sources:
- Data Sheet/Specification – direct entry of values to define gaussian beams, diverging sources, polarized sources, etc.
- Ray Files (Source Files)*
- IES/LDT Files – Surface Source Property can be generated using IES/LDT
- Data Sheet/Specification – Surface Source Property can be generated using Surface Source Property Generator Utility, or by direct entry of values
- CAD Model – Surface Source Property can be applied to emitting surfaces*
*Ray Files and CAD Model are recommended for modeling sources used in
Source and Illumination Analysis
luca’rayset ray data files are precision ray data created for simulation of sources for raytracing programs like TracePro and OSLO. The ray data file is compiled from several thousand luminance measurements around a light source. The raysets are available in both monochromatic and polychromatic versions. All ray origin points lie directly on the bounding geometry for the light sources, providing the most accurate simulation possible even for the smallest source geometries. The CAD geometry of the light source as well as the measuring conditions, position of the light source, and global coordinates of the source geometry are included with the rayset for correct simulation environment.
The light source measurements are carried out on high precision near-field goniophotometers with at least 12-bit digitization depth. At each position, the measuring camera is adjusted based on the actual luminance situation for that position. The precise measurement of the source is confirmed by the use of a 2pi half solid angle goniometer and 4pi full solid angle goniometer.